Saturday, June 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Phyllis!!!!!!

Today is my good friend's birthday. Happy Birthday Phyllis! She is totally responsible for introducing me to scrapbooking too. For her birthday among other things I decided to make her this:

Its vouchers to use when she needs a little help with some german phone calls. I know she sometimes feels bad asking me to help her out and thought this will take any guilt away! 

I really love how it turned out. I cut two pieces of patterend paper in different sizes and used my sewing machine to sew a pocket. The dark green cirlce was done by cutting out a circle from a piece of cardboard and using it as a template to use some distressing ink and an inking tool to blend the color in. Finished off with some ribbon from Making Memories and of course a thicker! I made the vouchers in Word and just printed them on some cardstock. Used my new fav font too - American Typewriter. 

I hope she likes it :)

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

she likes it ;) ... and it is even cuter in person! thanks again and thanks for joining us last night - wouldn't have been the same without y'all!

Lesley said...

They were lovely. And wouldn't have been the same without that Thicker!

Karen W said...

What a lucky set of friends!