Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Fill-in

aw this on Emilie's Blog and just had to do it too. A great Blog call Friday Fill-in

fridayfillin.gif

1. The last band i saw live was ... i have no idea - never really been to a concert except for The Fugee's way back when.

2. What I look forward to most on Christmas (well its suppose to be Thanksgiving - but I am Australia/Swiss so don't celebrate it) ....... is having my husband around for 3 days in a row, with no business calls/emails and 100% of his attention for the kids and I. He is relaxed and happy. I love this!

3. My Christmas/Holiday Shopping is .... taking up a lot of my thoughts at the moment. I really need to stick to my list and get it all done. Saturday the shops are calling my name!

4. Thoughts of ..... how much snow is really going to fall tonight ...... fill my head

5. I wish i could wear .... pretty dresses - somehow i don't really think they suit me and they don't fit into my life at the moment. 

6. Bagpipes ... don't get heard around very much

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to ... eating yummy soup, sitting down to catch up on some writing and watching the snow fall, tomorrow my plans include... having a girly morning with my daughter with lots of shopping and Sunday, I want to ... enjoy a great birthday party then lunch with all my Aussie Friends!!

So anyway the weather here has been so frustrating. Wednesday and Thursday we had sun! Wednesday and friend and I even worked on our painting project (we are painting our kids tables and chairs we got from IKEA) on the balcony. It felt almost like spring. However today is rainy, windy and it has been predicted that we will be getting some snow tonight and over the weekend, 5-20 cms (about 2-8 inches). So it will be our first winter snow storm. 

But nothing compared to the storms that they are having back in Brisbane, Australia. A lot of the places i grew up around are dealing with a lot of damage after days of huge storms. Power lost, roofs lost, lives lost. And they are talks of more to come. fingers crossed for all of you there that the weather calms down. 






No comments: