Friday, May 15, 2009

My new baby

No I did not miraculously give birth today (although a good friend did - congrats Kimberly!), but I did pick up my new camera yesterday afternoon and my new lens arrived this morning.
The only problem is that the manual that came with it is only in german, french or italian so need to print out the english version (over 200 pages though) soon. It was not the best of days today so i didnt get to have a real go of it outside but did take some photos around the house. 

 The first ever photo taken with it - my little boy. Did i say that i am using a 50mm f1.4 lens. 

A self portrait. It is much heavier and larger than i thought it would be and will take awhile to get used to - but i hope to sell my old camera and with the money from that get a tiny camera to keep in my bag all the time. 
My mother's day flowers - still surviving - just. 
And Dylan - being Dylan. He is now climbing up all over the place - on top of the tv (yes we still have an old fashion tv) on the kitchen table, in the dolls house, over the couch. 

Hopefully tomorrow I will get a good chance to go outside and give it a good run. I am so excited!!!!

No comments: